*What's the Difference between the President & God?

Last night I was talking with an old friend who made some interesting observations about our President elect.

"He thinks he's God, and he's in for a surprise when he can't fix everything. An even bigger surprise is in store for all his supporters."

For all my Obama rallying, I too was and am disturbed by the seeming deification of this man by a large group of his supporters. He has become more of a symbol, his humanity seemingly eclipsed by something far bigger. Unavoidable, but I hope and pray that our new President doesn't believe his own press, whether it is invective from windbags like Rush Limbaugh OR choruses of praise from the Democrats or anyone else.

There is only one God, and I think Mr. Obama knows this. I'm excited about this new Administration as much as anyone, but my friend does have a point. Let's not get carried away.

I hope that Barack Obama lasers his focus, keeps his ideals, and for all of his drive and good intentions, realizes that mistakes will be made. That the economy, the wars, and health care will likely not be solved during this (first?) term.

Let the pundits of all stripes yell and blog to their hearts' content.

Roll up your sleeves, sir.


*God doesn't think He's the President, har har.

Comments

Popular Posts