Yessssssssss!!!!!!!

from imdb.com:

Gilliam To Tilt At Windmills Again
21 November 2008 1:34 AM, PST

Director Terry Gilliam disclosed Thursday that he plans to restart production of The Man Who Killed Don Quixote next year after securing rights from the insurance company that paid out $15 million when the movie's sets were destroyed by a flash flood in 2000 and one of the stars of the movie pulled out following a serious injury. Speaking at a tribute to him Thursday night by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in London, Gilliam, who created the graphic images for the Monty Python TV shows and movies before launching his career as a film director, said that he now believes that God stepped in to "save his ass" on Don Quixote when the storm occurred. "I was in some way relieved that it did fall apart," he said. "Because I didn't have the money to finish it. It's a good thing it went down when it did because I would have got the blame for going over budget. I think this time we will make a better film."


This is encourgaing news to an unabashed Gilliam fanatic like myself. After seeing 2002's documentary LOST IN LAMANCHA, I think I became almost as obsessed as him to get this picture made. Better late than never! Fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular Posts