Have Yourself a.......

Seasons' Greetings, invisible audience! I'm here to wish you a Merry Christmas whether you celebrate it or otherwise.  I'm speaking of the Peace that passes understanding, whatever you believe of its origin.  "Good will toward men," too.  Those things.  As I've gotten older, I've sufficiently matured to recognize the true value of this holiday.  I've always given lip service to it, always believed, but in recent years I've looked past the glitter (much as I still love it), to see that Christmas is a time for the relentless spin of this world to slow enough for all of us to recognize our humanity, to know that true, unconditional love is impossible for humankind, but not so elsewhere.  You can see I'm wording this as not to offend.  But you can disagree all you like with "the reason for the season."

At the risk of oversimplification....no one with a soul will discount the harmony we should feel with each other and within ourselves.  A release of all the anger and stress that consumes our lives.  Let this Day be at least a pause from the perpetual hum.  Embrace it, and not forget it on the 26th.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts