White Christmas?!

Yes, it's true.  This Florida boy experienced a Christmas with snowfall.  Albeit ten days early.  My wife and I spent a long weekend with family in Northern New Jersey, enjoying all the company and tantalizing arrays of food, and got to see some flakes on Day Two.  I was already excited as we were landing in Newark the first day, seeing accumulations on the ground and on roofs.  I was setting up a Blu-ray player when I noticed the air outside that Friday.  We took walks each day to enjoy the frosty air but this time we were also greeted by tiny bits of precipitation that fell into dry powdery formation.  It was snowing!

In our caps and scarves, hand in hand down the sidewalk of a great old neighborhood, we must've appeared like a scene out of a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I always dreamed of walking by houses adorned with holiday lights as I crunched through the snow.  I think I may have done that once as a child when visiting Brooklyn, but 2017 has given me a new memory, one I captured with stills and video to cherish later.

I will milk this further next month as I comprise a separate "snow" entry.  But for Christmas weekend I wanted to share this brand of excitement, one which anyone who knows me is quite vital to my disposition this time of year.  I will never reduce the meaning of Christmas to weather conditions or decorations, but this earthly feeling and senses pleasing vista really made this holiday season special, even as I will endure another warm Christmas Day in South Florida.  My heart is still in Jersey, baby.

Merry Christmas!!

Comments

Popular Posts