Harry's

Long had our friends - husband and wife dining buddies who mostly go high end - raved to us about Harry's, an upscale eatery known for its steaks and martinis.  The original (and only other) location is at 1 Hanover Square in NYC.  A Wall Street mainstay since 1972.  Funny to think I was still living there when it opened.  'Course, I was only three that year....

Andrew and I shared a porterhouse, dry aged for twenty-eight days and broiled.  We requested they do not brush the meat with butter.  Didn't need it.  It practically did melt in my mouth.  Andrew also brought a bottle of French red wine (sorry I forget the name) that paired beautifully.  We compared the steak to a porterhouse we shared back in December at Gallagher's, another longtime Manhattan steakhouse (since 1927!) with a location in South Florida (Boca Raton).  Sorry again, as I didn't get around to a review.   It was nice but filled with some loud, obnoxious people.  In Boca?  Oh, you kid... 

Anyway, Harry's porterhouse just slightly edged out Gallaher's (which was cooked on open charcoal) for the top spot.  I recommend both.

My wife had the filet mignon which got high marks.  Andrew's wife got the pan roasted chicken, similarly lauded.  My wife and I split the New York style cheesecake, which was among the best of its type I can remember.

Wait staff was very attentive, attractive, and friendly.  Most of the patrons that night looked affluent and influential, yet the air was generally casual.

Harry's is located in the The Square, in the same building as Goldman Sachs.  You may feel like you're in New York.  Maybe.

Harry's
384 Rosemary Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL  33401
(561) 834-5010
https://www.harrysbarrestaurant.com/harrys-west-palm-beach

Comments

Popular Posts