Cafe Centro


Eateries come and go in West Palm Beach but Cafe Centro has been serving the community for sixteen years.  The undisputed pearl and stalwart of the Northwood area, which otherwise has been rather inconsistent in carving out an identity, CC remains a reliable go-to for solid Italian fare and good music.  Never a disappointing time.  I saw the Mayor eat there once. 
 
You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.  I tend to order the Veal Milanese or the Pasta Bolognese.  The pizzas are also fine, my favorites being the grilled portabella or white.  I think I've sampled most everything offered, having had countless lunches and dinners there.  Some with interns, others with generous patients.   Many with my wife and mother-in-law, who attends jazz night every Sunday.  This is led by the Susan Merritt Trio.  Wonderful.  I may have remarked in an earlier post that Susan and her band (at the time an octet) played at our wedding fourteen years ago.  We discovered her one night at another pizza joint downtown, one of those coal fire places, another of the transient eateries I spoke of. 

My MIL loves Cafe Centro so much she had a birthday party there, complete with magician.  She also is a regular for Motown nights, on Fridays and Saturdays.  Folks hit the floor when these guys get going. 

The current chef is William Graver, a Florida Culinary Institute grad known for his time at Spoto's, a seafood restaurant in Palm Beach Gardens.  He continues to impress. 

Closed on Mondays.

Cafe Centro
2409 N. Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL  33407
(561) 514-4070
cafecentrowpb.com

Comments

Popular Posts