Corona Virus Pandemic '20

Honestly, I don't know what to add.  I figured I should just, as always for historical purposes, compose an entry to acknowledge what has become the unthinkable.  A 'B' movie run amok, globally.  As I write, experts are expecting the infected and death tolls of COVID-19 to hit its peak in the next few weeks.  I heard that Tokyo, a mega city of over nine million, will have the next mega outbreak.  They, like so many others, didn't take the "social distancing" and quarantine warnings seriously.

It still feels like a bad dream, even after a month or so.  Like a bad joke. Millions of lives destined for incredible hardship and maybe even death because of a viral pandemic. Something foretold in sci-fi literature and in the predictions of scientists and medical personnel in more recent years. Only a matter of time.  Here we are.  Schools have closed.  Our jobs have been diminished or eliminated entirely.  We're told to huddle in our domeciles like cowering fugitives hiding from pursuers.  Unbelievable.  But necessary.

Maybe society's increasing reliance on home delivery and social media foreshadowed this?

I'm sure I will add other entries, as this problem seems to be something we'll be dealing with for some time.  I pray to God it will not be necessary.

Comments

Popular Posts