Restoration Hardware Rooftop Restaurant

It's one of the most attractive spots in which I've dined in recent days.  You marvel at the glass atrium overhead, the trees and the Asiatic jasmine around you.  A fountain in the courtyard gently trickles.  You are amused by the fashionable guests, many clearly from Palm Beach. The atmosphere is very pleasant and not too loud, despite the absence of anything to absorb sound.  You can eat/relax outside and enjoy views of downtown.  We opted to sit inside last Sunday at brunchtime and listened to two women next to us speak of  ski trips and their stocks and how often they have split.  Afterwards, one of them expressed dismay at how anti-Semitic the Democratic Party has been of late

You are on the fourth floor of Restoration Hardware, recently relocated from CityPlace across Okeechobee Boulevard in West Palm Beach.  The new space is 80,000 square feet (indoors and out).  Each level has a theme, including what a stylish teenage boy's bedroom should look like.  I wholly approved as there was a drum kit and a David Bowie book on the shelf.   The bed and sheets were prohibitively expensive, as is much of the merchandise.  I do love most of it, and did buy a thing or two several years ago in the old location.  I also received their bundle of glossy catalogues on my doorstep a few times.

My mother-in-law hates the dark grey exterior of the building, feeling it would be more at home in some northern urbanscape.  This RH model, complete with the rooftop eatery, does in fact have its prototype in Chicago.

A few years ago, I followed a chef on Facebook who excitedly described the RH Rooftop Restaurant's opening, how exemplary the menu would be.  He's worked at places as diverse as Darbster (vegan) and Banko Cantina (Mexican) over time and is quite trustworthy.  I'm not sure if he is still at RH, but the "RH Scramble", with its creme fraiche and avocado, was very tasty.  I paired it with a cortado, perfectly made.
The menu is light on selections and variety, but seemingly well chosen.  I see myself trying the truffled grilled cheese and kale Casear in the future.  I will also grab a drink at the "Pantry and Barista Bar".  Or, maybe I'll just chill on one of the shaded lounges in front of the entrance without ordering anything.

Restoration Hardware
560 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL  33401
(561) 804-6826

Comments

Popular Posts