NASA Lab

I've been fascinated with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) organization since childhood. Sadly though, I never got to make the trip to see a launch, even though I lived just 3 hrs. south of Cape Canaveral. I hope to remedy this.

I also love watching the NASA channel, available on satellite subscription services. Very calming, therapeutic even. Yes, the educational programs are stimulating, but I'm speaking of the lengthy static shots of space stations, s-l-o-w-l-y panned. Another time, we are treated to a long shot of a runway, where nothing at all happens, other than the occasional golf cart drifting by. You might see the Ares I-X rocket as it sits, waiting for parts. No soundtrack, just silence. Love it.

Then there are the segments that manage to engage the brain and be oddly soothing, such as this mesmerizing video. Yes, let the geek fly his freak flag a bit here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487fnnjAgZM

Comments

Stephen Ley said…
The taut narration had me on the edge of my seat, and the final shot/experiment reminded me of TAXI DRIVER.
redeyespy said…
Haha! My first thought was that the bubbles and antacid explosion looked like something from 2001, but I see your POV! The utter violence of the effervescence, seemingly random....

Popular Posts