Indeed, Christmas

It is finally Christmas Day. Weeks of anticipation, endless holiday music, and parties and here we are. One of my friends once spoke of how anticlimatic the Day always seemed to be. How could anything live up to such hype?

Well, 2007 is the year I finally got it. Christmas is EVERY DAY in Christ. Yes. Don't stop the presses. I'm a slow learner.

I used to always get depressed, usually sometime late on the Day. The 26th through the 31st was a dim time, filled with reminders of the magical season just passed.

The lights and other tangibles are all wonderful. I do love decoration, but the real reasons are there every day. The warmth and love are ours 365. You know all of this, but do you take solace in it? Does it really comfort you?

In a week or so, I'll pack away the tree. Always a sad time. This year, I'll finally be able to continue to bask in Christmas even when every last trace has disappeared...until next year, you know, right after Halloween or so (hollow laugh).

Merry Christmas, today and always!

Comments

Popular Posts