Some More

OK, a little more about me:



--born in Englewood, NJ. I was a bit early, and so I came along while my parents were visiting friends. We actually lived in Brooklyn, NY...



--...until I was 4. Then we made the fateful trip to West Palm Beach, FL, where I have spent most of my life.



--I'm a only child (specific blog MOST CERTAINLY to follow)



--grew up in a Baptist church. For better or worse, much of who I am today is because of this. I mean that in terms of sociology, not theology. I became a Christian at the age of 17 at a youth camp, and through my faith, I continue to grow and serve.



--I was a Business major/communications minor at Palm Beach Atlantic College (now University). Graduated in 1991.



--engaged my senior year of college. Split less than a year later.



--worked in a variety of pharmacies as a tech, marketer, PR yesperson, etc.



--met the love of my life, Sonia, at said Baptist church in 2000.



--accepted into the doctoral program of audiology at Nova Southeastern U. in '03. Took a little time off, as things got stressful.



--will be graduating within the next year.



So there's the chronology. You can observe from my profile that I also like to write. I have a nice leather bound notebook containing a litany of short stories I wrote between 2001-2003. Now that I have more time, I'm eager to get back into that world. Characters have been clamoring for my attention, audibly, and demand that their stories be told. Threats of neural hijacking by these characters. Not kidding here. Can a psych eval be far behind?



I have many ideas for blog topics. My life has been comparatively sweet, but I have dealt with tragedies, near fatal experiences, divorce (parents), heartbreak, financial mismanagement, recklessness with alcohol, spiritual draught, and other maladies. All fodder for examination. Hopefully, if I don't have something new to proclaim re: these topics, it will be interesting to some extent.



I'm also quite the film buff. However, the combination of grad. school and a real, loving relationship has affected my jones. I don't see a fraction of the number of films I once did while I was a self-centered bachelor. But, I still see some and will comment. I may decide to post reviews of films I've already written on elsewhere. I will also discuss music, science, religion, politics (shudder), and who knows what else.

Oh, and audiology. That's my field. Expect some tomes on tinnitus, hearing aids, and the field itself. If I had blogged while I was coming up through my early clinicals, whew, that would have been something. I plan to revisit those days, but not just yet.



One of my goals is to get more consistent sleep. Having a blog seems counter to this, but I think such a co-existence is possible. So with that, bon soir......



--

Comments

Popular Posts