The Curse is Over

I waited twenty-seven years for this.  The Cubs? One-hundred and eight.  I had a feeling Game 7 of the 2016 World Series would be a close nail biter, but this truly earned the "historic" moniker. When the Cleveland Indians answered in the eighth inning to tie the score 6-6, I joined legions of Cub fans around the world in their anxiety, thoughts of goats.  Answerless Inning Nine.  Then, a rain delay! Sleep deprivation was on my mind but nothing short of a NyQuil highball would keep me from watching to the end.

Switch hitter Ben Zobrist sealed the deal.  The thirty-five year old hit a double inside third base to bring in Albert Almora for the ultimate 8-7 victory.  Ben would also win a very well deserved MVP award.

So much to say about this win.  So tired right now.  Full day of work ahead.  For now, FLY THE W!!!!!

I hope Harry Caray and Neil Rogers are celebrating somewhere! CUBS WIN!!!

Comments

Stephen Ley said…
I'm happy for you and the legions of longsuffering loyalists. Cheers!

Popular Posts