Delicias de España

If you're down Miami way it would be worth your time to stop into one of the three Delicias de España establishments. I've been to the Coral Gables location several times, always ordering breakfast. It's become a tradition on our visits to my father in law's. The restaurant is usually full, and feels as authentic as any establishment I've visited.  Interestingly, it's also a great spot in which to cheer on your favorite football team (hint: not the Dolphins or any other club that throws around a pigskin). Given the diversity of the crowd, it's not hard to figure.

Above you see my most recent meal there: scrambled eggs with chorizo sausage and potatoes. Excellent. I also had a sip of their hot chocolate (despite the sweltering heat outside). It is delightfully thick, like pudding.

The cuisine is in the European Spanish style, with provisions imported from Spain weekly. There are many amazing looking seafood dishes I will eventually sample. I've heard nothing but great things. The menu also includes an array of tapas and hors d'oeuvres available for catering.  I had tapas and many other delicacies during a trip to Spain in 2010 and would love to be reminded yet again.

Additionally, There is a store inside the restaurant, with all kinds of gifts, not just the perishable sort. Though you should visit the guy cutting the ham.


Delicias de Espana

Comments

Popular Posts