Another One in the Can

Well now that summer is over I guess it's time to summate. Eventful one, believe me.

I got married. Well, that was May 9th, before the actual beginning of summer (is that officially Memorial Day?), but a fabulous kick-off, I would say. We're coming up on our 5 month anniversary. I love my lady more each day.

Went on an Alaskan cruise. A stunner. Also stopped in Vancouver and Seattle. Scroll back to read all about it.

Started a job as an intraoperative monitorist. Such a position finds the clinician/tech in an operating room, watching evoked potential waveforms during surgeries. It was something I was interested in for awhile, but after 1 month (part of which was a not fun training in lovely Timonium, MD), I decided it was not for me.

Went back to my previous audiology job, part time. My reasons for leaving it in the first place? Let's just say it was financial, never mind the details. I had thought of giving it another full-time go, but it didn't work out.

Got a new job at a large ear, nose, and throat clinic not 4 miles from my house. Great staff, beautiful facility, freedom. I'm on my third week and thoroughly enjoying it.

In between, I saw a few movies, most of which I've documented here, though I see I neglected to review the newest STAR TREK, which was a rousing good time. J.J. Abrams, who I've never been very impressed with, really did an entertaining reimagining. Ingenious even.

We continue to volunteer as greeters at our church, which provides ample opportunity to meet new folks and hopefully offer at least a friendly face to individuals who may not ordinarily see one. Our church is quite awesome, I must say. I also continue to volunteer in the prayer group. I believe it is a useful, vital ministry.

Had several great nights out with old friends. Movies, wings, ale, fine dining. Like the old days, but far better. I'm no longer the backslidden shotgunning beer slob slacker. These days, I'd be more than happy to discuss Galatians, audiology, or Malick over a pint. If I have a few pints, I might even discuss politics or sports!

Looking forward to a fruitful fall!

Comments

Popular Posts