Happy Halloween!


An oldie, but a goodie. Wish I'd thought of this back when I was way into pumpkin artistry.

Lots of good childhood Halloween memories, though my favorite was a party we had on the Big Night when I was 9. We had about 20 enthusiastic superheros, ghosts, wolfmen, quarterbacks, and rock stars bobbing for apples etc. I let my old tape recorder run in the corner of the living room, capturing more overlapping dialogue than your average Robert Altman film. Shrill, frantic voices engaged in fun. I listened to that tape many times for years to come.

Especially memorable about that 1978 night was that my friend Michael, a huge fan of the rock group KISS, left my shindig early so he could go home and watch the broadcast premiere of KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM. He wanted to watch it attentively. I was a bit sore about it at the time, and no, he didn't have a VCR yet. But he was dedicated to the film. That was the kind of attitude I could appreciate later in life, of course.

Comments

Popular Posts