Edible Essentials

At the risk of sounding like an article from Men's Health....

Trying to lose weight? Fire up your immune system? Give your innards a spit shine? Eat these:

Oatmeal (original, not the "quick" kind)
Quinoa
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Olive Oil
Natural Peanut Butter
Honey
Hummus
Cheeses (full fat is OK, even good in small doses, though skip the processed junk)
Whey protein powder (great as a shake, smoothie)
Almonds
Yogurt (check the Nutrition Facts for sugar content; some are loaded)
Bread made from sprouted grains (I like Ezekiel 4:9)
Salmon
Edemame
Berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Depending on season they can be costly)

I make these the core of my diet. After my physician saw my sky high sugar and BP numbers in late '05, I overhauled my diet (separate entry on the weight loss journey later). Trust me, you will be satiated with these offerings. More later. Right now, just trust me.



Comments

Popular Posts