What I'm NOT Writing

When I finally decided to create a blog last year, I had all manner of ideas for entries. I started a list, and my legal pad filled up quickly. When it came time to compose, well, er, couldn't do it. As I've stated, some things are just too sensitive, particularly for a public forum. I thought I'd get over that notion, but it hasn't happened as of yet.

DILEMMA #1 : I have many opinions and points-of-view that do not exactly jibe with those of my Christian brethren. Some of these ideas might even be considered heinous. A blog should be a place to voice such unmentionables, no? Perhaps, but it's still public. Even though it is much less of a concern these days, I still worry what others will think, even if they have no earthly idea who I am. But, I still berate myself for not just allowing me to be me. This is certainly the case in "real life" too. I've never been a saint, even if some have had that image of me. Weird dichotomy. I appear quite conservative to many onlookers, but I'm really not. Then I worry about my witness for Christ when I allow myself to be the somewhat caustic being that I still am.

DILEMMA #2: Past experiences of high drama. Case in point-the decadent 90s. That decade is fodder for all sorts of tomes on all the mistakes I made, and some were doozies. They would make entertaining (if tawdry) efforts, with my intention being 1. therapy for myself and 2. cautionary tales for others. But, I don't know if I'm willing to put it out there. Nothing I experienced is all that unique, but a good deal of it is like slashing an old wound that is (mostly) healed.

My time in grad school was also quite the soul rattler. My faith in God and the support of a loving gf/fiancee is what got me through. Many painful things occured during those years, and again, I'm not sure if I'm up to talking about it.

DILEMMA #3: My career. But this will be remedied. I WILL discuss audiology here, but I haven't so far because I deal with it all day! Trying to make it interesting to the layman will take some doing, but, that is doable.

I HAVE written some personal things (I admitted I talk out loud to myself!), but, there's so much more. Stay tuned!?

Comments

Popular Posts