Two Weeks

Until Christmas. Yes, I'm still the intermittent blogger.

This is an odd Christmas season; I am not really into it. Sure, the weather outside is anything but frightful, again, but it's so much more than that. I've decorated the pad, attended Christmas programs, parties, but...it's odd. Can't quite place it. Maybe I'm too busy with work.

But all the trappings are temporal. Knowing that Jesus was born and later resurrected, and the immeasurable peace such knowledge provides is what Chistmas is about. Those arch Baptists from my teen years were correct: it's not about FEELING. Not entirely, anyway. Faith is the greatest treasure, the gateway to which one can know such peace. In these days of grandstanding atheists like C. Hitchens and R. Dawkins and their minions, my faith in the Prince of Peace stands ever firm. I have plenty to say about this, how treating science as if it is everything requires more faith than believing in an unseen deity. Another entry, later. No, really.

Tomorrow we are having an office Christmas party. Our troubled office. Another entry.

Sleep. Need it. Goodnight!

Comments

Popular Posts